Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Importance of Gooder English

Xavier has a cold. Today when he came home from school, I asked him, "How is your cold? Is it better?"

"Yes!" he said, taking off his shoes. "And when I say that, I mean I am better, not my cold, which is badder. Which is to say, that my cold is getting better, but it is not doing good."

Did you catch that?

I gave Gwen a hug the other day, and said, "Gwen, I think about you all the time."

"Really?" she asked. "Even when I'm asleep and you are watching TV with Daddy?"

"Yes."

"Even when you are riding your bike to work?"

"Yes."

"Even when you are working on a hard problem at work?"

"Yes."

"Even when you are messing around with that Jackie Chan guy?"

(Insert needle being pulled off the record here.)

"What?! Who?!"

"You know, that Jackie Chan guy. The guy Xavier said looked like Jackie Chan."

"You mean, Mr. Jian? The guy I work with?"

"Yeah. Do you think about me when you are messing around with him?"

"You mean 'working', right? There's a big difference between 'working' and 'messing around.' I don't 'mess around' with Mr. Jian."

"Do you think about me then?"

"Yes."


Gwen had me download Google Earth. The free version has images from February 1st, 2007. We looked at Grammy and Grandpa's house. I don't know where Grandpa was going on February 1, 2007, but he's going somewhere because we see his van heading out of the driveway. Hope he had a nice time!

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Hahah that's awesome!