Saturday, February 06, 2010

Lego Harry Potter Monopoly

If you are a fan of Harry Potter, then you've surely heard of Wizarding Chess. This is almost completely different from that.

It all started out as a normal game of Monopoly, I think, but once Gwen had laid out the board, I waited for the inevitable battle over who got to play the wheelbarrow.

"Actually, I don't want any of those," Xavier said. "How about I get some Lego guys to use instead?"

A few minutes later he reappeared with Harry Potter and Snape lego figures. "Here, Gwen, you can be Snape and I can be Harry Potter!"

"What will Mom be, then?" Gwen asked.

"Hold on!" He disappeared for a few minutes, then returned with a Lego pirate and a Bionicle mask that looked kind of like a skull. "Which one do you want?"

"I'll take the pirate guy," I replied.

"Well, actually, your character is actually a Ani- Ani- Ani- a shapeshifter! You can go back and forth between being a pirate and skull, see, so you have to take this skull with you whereever you go!"

"Fine." After a couple of rounds, evidently play got too mundane for Xavier. "Guess what! You see this here in jail?" He referred to another Bionicle piece that looks kind of like a jellyfish (I don't remember what actual purpose it serves.) "That's a disease! If you go to jail, you get a disease, and it follows you everywhere!" It sounds like Xavier is more familier with the rougher league of prison than I ever wanted him to be.

Unfortunately (or maybe quite fortunately, depending on your perspective), no one went to jail for a long time. I had to go cook dinner, then deal with a work emergency, so Adam took over for me. As he sat down, Xavier piped up, "Hi Dad! Would you like to buy a troll?"

I've been away from the game for awhile, but last time I checked in, "Snape" was having a meltdown because she is losing, and "Harry" was threatening to chop up Daddy's houses with his wand/sword.

Clearly, standard Monopoly is WAY too tame a game for Xavier.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that is one heck of a comment, "anonymous."

Mandy said...

Sorry, Anonymous, but I had to delete your comment. It was so incomprehensible to almost be frightening. (Admittedly, I was an English major, and we are easily terrified by meaningless gibberish.) I can only assume you meant that message for someone else.

Take care!