Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Spinning

Sorry it has been so long since I have last posted. We were busy, busy, busy, and I meant to post Monday, but that ended up being a very bad day. I wanted to post yesterday (Gwen's birthday), but it still didn't feel right. I'm not sure it feels right today, either, but I wanted to let everyone know we are fine, don't worry about us, but please pray for those who are not fine: those who are gone, those who are grieving, and those who are still afraid.

During times like this, children are a blessing. You can't leave the TV or radio on, because this is too much for them, but this keeps you from getting too consumed in it as well. And since they don't understand tragedy, they continue to do the funny, normal, day-to-day things that bring laughter into our lives, despite everything.

Gwen and Xavier have done some very funny things in the past couple of days, but I am not ready to write about them yet. Instead, I will let you know that they are "camping" upstairs in Gwen's room in a tent that Uncle Ez gave them for Christmas a couple of years ago (Gwen is really too tall to be sleeping in that tent, and her head and feet are poking out of the walls.) They are dreaming they are on an adventure camping on the moon, but they are mundanely, boringly safe, as safe as they ever were, and as safe as any of us can hope to be.

2 comments:

Joel said...

Lorree and I were chatting about exactly this the other day. In our case we can leave the media on as Ian ignores it. It helps so much to have someone with so much utter innocent joy running around. No matter how I am feeling I can not help but laugh with Ian. It really helps.

Anonymous said...

Yeah young kids are great for that. I wish Danielle could still do that sometimes, but she senses my feelings are still so raw, and she is hurting too.
Diana