Monday, June 26, 2006

Some things are better than ice cream

Miranda's school is having a field trip to the local park on Thursday, which will be followed by a trip to the local ice cream store. Miranda will not be going on this field trip because we'll be spending the extended weekend with my parents. My mother has a big birthday on Thursday and we can't wait to see her.

How excited we are can only be illustrated by an observation Miranda made to me today as I was loading her in the car to take her to karate. She said (out of the blue), "We're having a field trip on Thursday, but I won't be able to go, but that's okay because I will be spending time with my Grammy, and spending time with Grammy is MUCH better than getting ice cream."

I would definitely agree.

And, for the less-sentimental amongst you, Xavier was talking to Adam and pointed to a picture of a favorite Looney Tunes character and asked who it was.

"That's the Tasmanian Devil," Adam replied.

Xavier assumed a thoughtful expression, and asked, "The Taz-maybe-an-devil?"

No comments: