Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Paging Prince Charming

Today we were teasing Gwen a little at dinner about boys and marriage (thinking, as clueless parents often do, that neither were in her immediate future.) Gwen suddenly said, "If I ever get married, the man I marry needs to be really smart ... but not as smart as me. He has to always agree with everything I say, and he has to do what I say ... And he has to take my last name." Like I said, I don't see either in her immediate future. As if to drive the point home, she added, "I'm going to be a bachelor ... a bachelorine? A bachelorina?" "A bachelorette." "Yeah. My friend Gloria (name changed to protect the innocent) and I are never going to get married -- we're going to be the bridesmaids!" Now, how often do you hear a woman say that as if it were a good thing?

1 comment:

Screw Lucy said...

Do you still talk to Rob Eiben and if so, do you know how I can get in touch with him?