Friday, March 13, 2009

Putting Things in Perspective

The kids love watching stop-animation Lego videos on YouTube. This is, of course, a supervised activity, because some of the stuff on there is highly inappropriate, even if it looks like it's for kids because they are done with Legos. Perhaps unsurprisingly, a large number of the "inappropriate" ones are posted by adolescent boys -- but I digress.

Last night, just after putting the kids to bed, I was heading downstairs with the laptop when I slipped on the second-to-bottom step and fell the rest of the way. The laptop was fine (it bounced off my hand), and, except for my pride, I was also okay. I guess my utter lack of grace is something else I don't have in common with Catwoman.

Anyway, Adam came running up. "Are you okay?"

Upstairs, Xavier cried, "Mommy!" and I heard the pitter-patter of little feet as he ran over to the top of the stairs. I looked up at his little worried face and thought about how much that little guy must love me.

"Mommy, is the laptop okay?" he asked, dispelling any confusion I may have had on that point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandy!

Well, I'm glad you're okay! Though it would be a lot harder trying to coordinate getting together (after 2-3 years??) without a laptop! :-P

Bert