Sunday, September 30, 2007

Piper

The bad part about being too swamped to BLOG is that when you do have time to BLOG, you can't remember the funny stuff. However, we had a couple of timely funny things that happened in the past couple of days that I can pass on.


The other night the kids were brushing their teeth, and Xavier announced, "I love my teeth. They're pretty much my favorite part of my body. They're the most important part."

Adam replied, "I think the brain is the most important."

Xavier responded, "Well, my teeth are my favorite, anyway."

Gwen piped up, "My brain and my teeth are my favorite parts of my body. And my eyes. And my ears. And my nose."

"So pretty much your whole head," Adam said, amused.

"Yeah, my whole head," she replied. Then, after thinking for a moment, she added, "And my pancreas."


Teeth-brushing must be a great time for random thoughts for my kids, because as Xavier was brushing his teeth tonight, he placed his hand thoughtfully on my tummy. When he didn't remove it after a little while, I said, "Don't worry -- there is no baby brother or sister growing in there."

"Oh," he mused. "I wish there was."

"You wish you had a younger sibling?" I asked, surprised, because Xavier is usually pretty possessive of his position as baby of the family.

"I wish we had a Piper," he said vaguely, referring to his two-year-old cousin who visited us a couple of months ago.

"Really? Why?" we asked.

"Because she is really cute," he replied.

And what better reason does he need?

No comments: